Did you know, how we spend and save is rooted in a lot of areas that we are not necessarily aware of on a conscious level. According to the Credit Union National Association (CUNA), there are 5 sources in which our financial practices are rooted.
Join us for the Psychology of Saving and Spending Seminar, Thursday, 7/23/2015 in B3 Auditorium 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EST.
Attend and learn:
- The root causes that shape our financial practices.
- Different types of spending cycles and how they impact goal achievement.
- The importance of creating a spending plan.
- Identification of “leaks” that can drain your budget.
- How to develop your own savings and spending strategy.
Psychology of Spending Slides
Activity 1 – One-minute financial quiz
Handout 1 – Goal Worksheet
Handout 2 – Monthly Income Worksheet
Handout 3 – Monthly Expense Worksheet
Handout 4 – Debt Worksheet
Handout 5 – Where Does Your Money Go
NASA Federal is proud to support the Goddard Space Flight Center Safety Awareness campaign. We invite you to come out to any or all of the following events:
- Shred-It Truck!
- When: 04/29/15 – 11:00 to 1:00 p.m.
- Where: B8 Parking Lot
- Preventing Financial Exploitation of the Elderly
- Identity Theft
- When: 05/01/15 – 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
- Where: B8 Auditorium
- Presentation Handouts: Identify Theft
Think about it: Each year we make it a habit to get an annual physical or medical check-up. We even get our vehicles inspected annually. But when was the last time you had a financial check-up? Reviewing your financial affairs can pay dividends now, and later.
Join me for a 30 minute One-on-One Financial Check-Up, at any ½ hour time slot: Thursday April 23rd 8:30 – 3:30 p.m. EST at the NASA FCU Branch located in Building 21.
Attend and we’ll review:
- your financial goals
- your recent and near-term life changes
- organizational tips to ensure you’re on track to achieve your financial goals
We can even review your Credit Report with you if you like.* It’s always a good idea to check your report for accuracy. And we’ll be sure to recommend saving opportunities for you along the way.
Getting a Financial Check-Up with NASA Federal Credit Union is easy and free — and convenient.
*A free credit report from annualcreditreport.com will be pulled with you during your Check-Up.
Have the college acceptance letters arrived? How about the financial award letters? Will the scholarship, grant, and federal loan cover all of your child’s college expenses?
Join us on April 23rd for College Financing 101: Smart Options for Your Child’s College Financing.
Attend and learn:
- All about the state and federal financing options
- Standard repayment terms
- Subsidized vs un-subsidized
- Work-study programs
- How much money do you really need?
- Fixed costs
- Flexible costs
- Smart financing options to cover the gaps between educational costs and financial aid
When: Thursday April 23rd 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EDT
Where: B3 Auditorium
Presentation Hand-Outs: NASA Federal – College Financing – 2015
Do you know how energy efficient your home is? Do you want to improve its energy efficiency but don’t know where to start? Join us virtually on March 10th, and we’ll cover 10 Ways to Reduce Your Home Energy Costs and other ways to improve your home’s energy efficiency. We’ll cover topics including:
- What a home energy audit is
- Energy efficient ways to use appliances
- Investments in your home that can help improve its efficiency and save you money in the long run
- “Green” technologies that are good for the environment, and your wallet
Join us on:
Thursday March 19th, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EDT.
Building 1 Room E-100E
10 Ways to ReduceEnergy Costs
10 Ways to Reduce Energy Costs Handout