Did you know that Social Security ranks among the most important sources of retirement income for approximately 86% seniors*? Do you know what different options exist for Social Security and how they can impact your overall retirement plan? Do you worry how potential changes in Social Security and Medicare could impact you and your retirement?
Join us for Planning for Social Security, Seven Keys to Enhancing Benefits 10/16/14, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EST in the Building 3 Auditorium.
Attend and learn:
- The Basics of Social Security and Medicare
- What are the Income Benefits and Tax Implications
- When to start benefits and how working in retirement can impact them
- What are Spousal Survivor Benefits with Social Security
Handout 1 – Social Security 7 Keys – Allianz
Handout 2 – Understanding Social Security and Medicare Allianz (2)
*“The 4 Most Important Sources of Retirement Income,” US NEWS, Emily Brandon, March 22, 2012
Refinance your auto loan with NASA Federal Credit Union and we’ll take at least 2% off your current car loan’s annual percentage rate (APR).*
• Lower your payments by $130 per month on average.^
• If you’re currently paying 3.99% APR, you could be paying 1.99% APR.*
• No payment for 90 days
• Get preapproved in 60 seconds!
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Subject to credit approval. Special offer floor rate is 1.99% Annual Percentage Rate for up to 36 months and is reserved for highly qualified individuals. The special offer floor rate for terms of 37-63 months is 2.49% APR. Additional restrictions apply for finance terms over 63 months. Call for details. Payment Example: A $20,000 auto loan financed with NASA FCU at 2.49% APR for 63 months will have a monthly payment of $338.99
^Monthly payment reduction claim is based on average payment reduction our members experience with their new loan (same term or longer) disbursed between 7/12/12 – 3/29/13, compared to their prior monthly loan payments. Monthly payment reduction may result from a lower interest rate, a longer term or both. Your actual savings may be different.
This offer doesn’t apply to loans currently financed with NASA FCU. Verification of current rate is required. Membership and certain other restrictions may apply. Offer and rates subject to change without notice. The minimum that can be refinanced is $2500.00.
Category: Personal Finance
, Charlie Hudson
, Diane Morris
, Lori Botts
, Lynn Trubits
, National Academies
Do you or someone you know have a child that will be attending college soon? Do you have a plan to cover all of your child’s college expenses? Do you ask yourself what the FAFSA does and how it impacts financial aid awards? Join us for the College Financing 101: Paying for College Thursday September 18th in the Building 3 Auditorium.
Attend and learn:
- How to Prepare for College
- An Overview of Financial Aid & Key Terms To Be Aware Off
- The Different Types of Financial Aid
- Scholarships & Grants
- Expected Family Contributions
- Smart financing options to cover the gaps educational costs and financial aid
NASA FCU College Financing 101 – GSFC
Think about it: Each year we make it a habit to get an annual physical or medical check-up. We even get our vehicles inspected annually. But when was the last time you had a financial check-up? Reviewing your financial affairs can pay dividends now, and later.
Join me for a 30 minute One-on-One Financial Check-Up, at any ½ hour time slot: Thursday December 11th 8:30 – 3:30 p.m. EST at the NASA FCU Branch located in Building 21.
Attend and we’ll review:
- your financial goals
- your recent and near-term life changes
- organizational tips to ensure you’re on track to achieve your financial goals
We can even review your Credit Report with you if you like.* It’s always a good idea to check your report for accuracy. And we’ll be sure to recommend saving opportunities for you along the way.
Getting a Financial Check-Up with NASA Federal Credit Union is easy and free — and convenient.
*A free credit report from annualcreditreport.com will be pulled with you during your Check-Up.
Are you thinking about buying a new home but not sure where to start? Do you know how much you qualify to purchase? You may have heard rates are low but may be doing up soon, do you know how that will impact you?
Find out the answer to these questions and more at the next Financial Wellness Seminar Powered by NASA FU “Home Buying 101” Get the inside scoop from the experts as they reveal the most critical parts of the home buying process, such as:
Learn more about your options and other insights like:
- Why getting pre-qualified helps strengthen your negotiating power
- What are the tax benefits of owning versus renting
- How you can get a mortgage with 0 down—pay no PMI
- How you can refinance with just 5% down—pay no PMI
- How you can earn up to 1% in cash rebates when you use a Credit Union approved Realtor to buy or sell
Did you know that approximately 70% of people will need long-term care at some point during their lifetime after reaching age 65*? Every year, many Americans are impoverished by the need to pay for long-term care, but with proper planning, you can avoid having this happen to you.
Join us for Planning for Long-Term Care Protecting Your Life Savings, 07/24/14, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EST in the Building 3 Auditorium.
Attend and learn:
- What coverage do you need
- Why you are hearing so much about Long Term Care Insurance
- How to protect your family in the event of a tragedy
Planning for Long-Term Care PPT
Planning for Long-Term Handout
*Source: National Clearinghouse for Long-Term Care Information, U.S.Department of Health and Human Services, March 4, 2013