We have been alerted to a counterfeit check scam where consumers have received counterfeit checks via FedEx as part of an online job offer that was accepted by the recipient. The counterfeit checks may be accompanied in the FedEx package by a generic letter claiming to be from “Lisa Banks from the Payment Department.” The letter instructs recipients to deposit the check into their personal account, and then send a portion of the funds back, usually by Western Union. The checks are not valid financial institution checks.
If you receive a FedEx package containing a check with the NASA FCU name and address and believe that it may be part of this counterfeit check scam, or if you would like to verify a check presented for deposit, please contact the Credit Union at 1-888-NASA-FCU (627-2328).
Announcing the 2015 Mitchell-Beall-Rosen Scholarship Contest
Are you, or do you know, a high school senior gearing up for college next year? NASA FCU has great news! We’re accepting applications for the 2015 Mitchell-Beall-Rosen Scholarship Contest. Through the Contest, we will award scholarships in amounts up to $7,000 to one or more contest winners to assist with the costs of tuition, books and living expenses.
Applicants must be:
- The primary owner of a NASA FCU account
- A high school senior with an average grade of C or above
- Under the age of 21
Scholarships are awarded based on the evaluation of a 1,000 word essay and a personal interview conducted by the Scholarship Committee. For more details and an application, go to nasafcu.com/scholarship or call 1-888-NASA-FCU (627-2328) today. Then, get ready. Get set. Write your essay today! All submissions must be postmarked by February 6, 2015.
A Nominating Committee has been appointed by the NASA Federal Credit Union Board of Directors to propose candidates for the 2015 Election of Officials. Members are invited to make suggestions to the Nominating Committee by forwarding names and qualifications to:
Chairman, Nominating Committee
NASA Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 1588
Bowie, MD 20717-1588
Suggestions must be received no later than Friday, November 14, 2014. The list of nominees will be included with your statement mailed in January 2015.
Starting on October 21, 2014, BillPay+ will be simpler and more convenient to use. The BillPay+ homepage will become an account dashboard that allows you to monitor payment activity. Be sure to experience the online demo at nasafcu.com/bp-demo for an overview of the exciting enhancements coming to BillPay+. We’re sure you’ll be very pleased with the new BillPay+ user experience!
2011 saw the introduction of a dynamic lineup of new products and services. For 2012 and beyond, we will continue to deliver what is important to you: best-in-class products and services, and convenience that enables you to control your finances—anywhere, anyway, anytime.
Premier Checking Accounts. Full-service checking with added benefits, including:
- EarlyAccessTM Payroll—access all your direct deposits one day earlier.
- NSF FreePassTM—Receive one NSF fee rebate per year when you ask us for a “FreePass.”
- Free Check Card with Cash Back Rewards—Get cash back every time you use your NASA FCU Check Card.
BillPay+. Pay bills online with greater control, security and convenience. All you need is a NASA FCU checking account and eBranch account access. New features include:
- Person-to-Person Payments—Pay anyone, from your babysitter to the landscaper, conveniently and electronically.
- eBills— Save time and paper by having your bills sent directly to your BillPay+ account.
- Expedited Payments—Make next day or second day payments quickly and easily.
Platinum Advantage Rewards Credit Card. For every dollar you spend, you’ll earn points to use toward a wider range of travel or merchandise rewards. Points are easy to redeem online or by phone.
- Earn 1 point for each $1 spent
- No blackout dates on travel rewards
- NO annual fee and NO balance transfer fee
Expanded Mobile Banking. Manage your finances on the go—it’s easy, convenient and secure. Visit nasafcu.com/mobile-banking for details.
- MobileApp. Use your smartphone to check account balances, transfer funds, make payments and much more with our free app, available through our website.
- MobileWeb. Use any mobile device with web capabilities to instantly manage many of your NASA FCU accounts, or locate your nearest branch or ATM.
- MobileText. Use your phone’s text messaging feature to check balances, view transaction history or transfer funds.
Expanded Remote Deposit. Deposit checks anytime, 24/7, without having to visit a branch or put checks in the mail. Visit nasafcu.com/remotedeposit for details.
- Scan and upload check images for deposit.
- Or choose the free Mobile Remote Deposit App to snap a photo of your check deposits with your smartphone.
Simplified Contact-24 Telephone Banking. It’s another fast, easy and secure way to access your NASA FCU accounts—right from your phone. We enhanced this service in 2011 with a new feature: If you need help while using Contact-24, you can directly connect and speak with a Member Service Representative instead of having to hang up and call a separate number. Contact-24 can be used for account inquiries, funds transfer, share or loan withdrawals, loan payments and more.