2014 Holiday Food Drive
The holiday season is nearly upon us. It’s a time for giving and for counting our blessings and, this year, we have much to be thankful for. Let’s work together to pay it forward by giving to those in need through the 2014 NASA FCU Holiday Food Drive.
Last year, we gathered a remarkable 3,600 pounds of food. This year, we’re looking to tip the scales at 4,000 pounds. It’s an ambitious goal, and we will need your help to meet it. Please take your donations to your local NASA FCU Branch.
The Food Drive starts today and concludes Thursday, December 11th, at which time all donations will be collected and delivered to local area food banks. Every year the Holiday Food Drive is more successful than the previous year. We are very excited to have this drive once again.
Here are the top foods requested by food banks this year:
- Proteins Canned meats such as tuna, chicken or fish (100% meat/fish packed in water or oil)
- Peanut butter
- Soups and stews
- Rice and pasta
- Cereal, including oatmeal
- Canned vegetables, including tomatoes and tomato sauce
- Canned or dried beans and peas
- Canned fruits
- Fruit juice (canned, plastic or boxed) Make sure it’s 100% juice.
- Prepared box mixes, such as macaroni and cheese or Hamburger Helper.
- Cake mixes and canned frosting
- Shelf-stable milk, this includes dehydrated milk, canned evaporated milk and instant breakfasts.
Our food drive will help provide nutritious meals for many families in need this holiday season.